Brian L. Elser
- Professional Engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio,
- Wisconsin, Illinois-SE, West Virginia, Kansas, Arizona, Tennessee, Idaho, New York, Texas.
- Purdue University, B.S.C.E., 1982
- Purdue University, M.S.C.E., 1983
- Member of Tau Beta Pi & Chi Epsilon Honor Societies
- Member of the American Concrete Institute
- Member of the Post-Tensioning Institute
- Member of the Indiana Structural Engineer’s Association
- Thirty Two years as a Structural Engineer.
- Twenty years as owner of Lawson Elser.
A native of northeastern Indiana, Brian attended Purdue University and received both his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and his Master of Science in Civil Engineering.
After college, Brian worked for a medium-sized structural engineering firm for thirteen years. During that time he designed or investigated hundreds of structures. He gained extensive experience in the investigation, design and restoration of historic structures.
In 1996 he joined Lawson Associates as a principal. At that time, the company name was changed to Lawson Elser, Inc. Lawson Elser, Inc. is a structural engineering consulting firm providing service to the construction industry in central Indiana and surrounding states. The firm has extensive expertise in historic restoration, building restoration and structural investigation.
As Vice President, Brian’s responsibilities include working with the President to provide leadership and vision for the firm. For his projects, his responsibilities include the preparation of contractual agreements with Clients, maintaining the project schedule and budget, and serving as the central point of contact on the projects on a day-to-day basis.