Michael J. Lawson
- Professional Engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer in Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Virginia, Arkansas, Colorado.
- I.V.T.C., Associate Degree-Architectural Technology, 1977
- Purdue University, B.S.C.E., 1981
- Purdue University, M.S.C.E., 1982
- Member of Phi Eta Sigma and Chi Epsilon Honor Societies
- Member of the Indiana Structural Engineer’s Association
- Member of the Indiana Chapter of the American Concrete Institute
- Member of the Historic Landmarks Foundation Of Indiana
- Thirty Four years as a Structural Engineer.
- Twenty Seven as owner of Lawson Elser, Inc.
- Expert Witness and Construction Litigation Services.
A native of Indianapolis, Michael received a degree in Architectural Technology in 1972. He then went on to study at Purdue University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering in 1981 and a Master of Science in Civil Engineering in 1982.
Michael worked for a medium-sized structural engineering firm in the Indianapolis area for eight years. During that period, he designed or investigated hundreds of buildings, including the sixth tallest building in Indianapolis. He also gained extensive experience in the specialized area of historic restoration of buildings and forensic investigation of structural failures.
In 1989, Michael founded Lawson Associates, a structural engineering consulting firm providing service to the construction industry in central Indiana and surrounding states. Lawson Associates developed expertise in structural design, historic restoration, building restoration and structural investigation. In 1996, Lawson Associates added a new principal, Brian Elser, and the firm name was changed to Lawson Elser, Inc., with Michael named as President.
As President, Michael’s responsibilities include providing the leadership and vision for the firm and ensuring that the firm stays committed to providing competent professional engineering services in a timely and economical fashion. As President, Michael is charged with overseeing all projects from a technical, budgetary and scheduling standpoint and assuring that the proper personnel are assigned to each project.