Structural investigation is the basis for the services Lawson Elser, Inc. provides involving existing buildings. Such an investigation may include an on-site review of the building, condition assessment, code review, structural calculations, review of existing plans, selective demolition to reveal hidden structural members, and a final report.
A structural investigation is made to establish the following information about a building:
- Type of Construction
- Size and Configuration of the Building
- Primary Structural System
- Condition of the Primary Structural System
- Presence of Deficiencies or Deterioration
- Structural Capacity of the System
- Façade and Building Envelope Condition
- Foundation Condition
Our investigation experience includes damage and distress caused by:
- Structural Deficiency
- Structural Failure
We can provide a Structural Investigation as a stand-alone service or in conjunction with other services.